Here at Mid Sussex District Council we are located in an area of outstanding natural beauty. We are proud of our customer service levels and our priority is to work collaboratively to ensure the best possible customer experience for all residents and businesses.
In addition to a competitive salary you’ll also receive great staff benefits, including generous holiday, pension and car allowance. You will also enjoy discounted access to a number of health clubs in the district. Relocation expenses may be paid where appropriate, as well as financial loan support for private car purchase subject to completion of a successful probationary period. Personal and professional training opportunities are also regularly available.
The Council offices are in the centre of Haywards Heath with free staff parking and within walking distance of the newly rebuilt mainline station.
PLANNING OFFICER (EDEV059)
Salary £24,964 pa - £34,538 pa + Car Allowance up to £1,239pa
As a Planning Officer you will work to process a caseload of planning applications and provide advice and guidance to members of the public. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Responding to requests for pre-application advice
- Processing all types of planning applications and presenting reports to the Planning Committee
- Preparing and submitting statements for planning appeals
- Answering email and telephone enquiries about planning mattersTo succeed as Planning Officer you must be a qualified planner, have the ability to communicate effectively, have competence in a variety of IT systems and packages and have good time management and organisational skills. You must have a full driving licence and you will be required to provide a car for use on Council business for which mileage will be paid.For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Nick Rogers on 01444 477341 or Nick.Rogers@midsussex.gov.uk
- Close date : 18 February 2018
- Interview date: 28 February 2018
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.