Here at Mid Sussex District Council we are located in an area of outstanding natural beauty. We are proud of our customer service levels and our priority is to work collaboratively to ensure the best possible customer experience for all residents and businesses.
In addition to a competitive salary you’ll also receive great staff benefits, including generous holiday, pension and car allowance. You will also enjoy discounted access to a number of health clubs in the district. Relocation expenses may be paid where appropriate, as well as financial loan support for private car purchase subject to completion of a successful probationary period. Personal and professional training opportunities are also regularly available.
The Council offices are in the centre of Haywards Heath with free staff parking and within walking distance of the newly rebuilt mainline station.
ACCOUNTANCY ASSISTANT (RFIN994)
(Temporary 2 year contract)
Salary £19,819 pa - £27,358 pa
We are looking for an ambitious individual, to help our Finance Team through a very busy period as they embark on the implementation of a new FMS system. As a Temporary Accountancy Assistant you will assist in the core “business-as-usual” duties, freeing up staff to work on the FMS project. The job covers a range of tasks, but the main focus will be to assist the Accountancy Team with budget monitoring and reconciliation work. Your key responsibilities will include:
- carrying out various monthly reconciliations using excel spreadsheets
- assisting with the production of the monthly budget monitoring information for Business Units
- supporting the Accountancy team through the annual Budget setting process and Final Accounts closedown at year end
- processing journals, collecting information for Freedom of Information requests and updating financial performance indicatorsIdeally, you will have some work experience involving figure work, although more important are good numeracy skills, attention to detail, use of spreadsheets, and a flexible attitude.For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Cathy Craigen on 01444 477384 or email@example.com
- Close date : 21 May 2018
- Interview dates: 6 & 7 June 2018
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.