Here at Mid Sussex District Council we are located in an area of outstanding natural beauty. We are proud of our customer service levels and our priority is to work collaboratively to ensure the best possible customer experience for all residents and businesses.
In addition to a competitive salary you’ll also receive great staff benefits, including generous holiday, pension and car allowance. You will also enjoy discounted access to a number of health clubs in the district. Relocation expenses may be paid where appropriate, as well as financial loan support for private car purchase subject to completion of a successful probationary period. Personal and professional training opportunities are also regularly available.
The Council offices are in the centre of Haywards Heath with free staff parking and within walking distance of the newly rebuilt mainline station.
SYSTEMS ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN (RFIN9993)
(Temporary 1 year contract)
Salary £28,221 pa - £31,401 pa
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual, to help our Finance Team through a very busy period as they embark on the implementation of a new FMS. As a Systems Accounting Technician you will assist in the development and implementation of a new Financial Management System, and support as required in the core “business-as-usual” operational duties, to ensure the continued smooth running of the business. The job covers a range of tasks but your key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the creation of new Chart of Accounts, data matching, data testing and data migration from the current to new Financial System.
- Assist with the setting up of new interfaces from feeder systems.
- Assist in training FMS users
- Assist in the creation of new financial reports
- Support the FMS team in both systems administration and maintenance of the existing system as required. Close date : 21 May 2018
- Interview dates: 6 and 7 June 2018
- For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Cathy Craigen on 01444 477384 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ideally, you will be a Member of Association of Accounting Technicians or equivalent, and have relevant work experience in both accounting and system support. More important however, is good knowledge of financial management systems.
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.